Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sick and Tired

Tired.
Out of Shape.
Frustrated.
Failure.
Broke.
Lacking.
Ugly.
Undesirable.

This is how I currently and have viewed myself, Reina Carino for the past 3 years.  Well, I am sick and tired of feeling this way!  I have often heard of 31 being the "New 21" and loved the idea of it, but up to this point I haven't been able to actually relate to it. 

The current state of my life right now in a nutshell (at least how I perceive it - and one's perception is their reality) is that I am not living up to my fullest potential in the areas of: motherhood, marriage, finances, career, health, fashion, and life experiences.  I don't necessarily regret the last decade of my life, however, I do know that I NEED to make some serious changes, starting RIGHT NOW.

So over the next year, I am going to do everything in my power to test the theory of 31 being the new 21. How I define "in my power" basically includes (2) factors - time & money, which means as long as I can find the time and the money, there will be no holds barred so to speak.  I won't allow things such as lack of motivation, fear, other's opinions, etc to influence my actions.

The reason for creating this blog has a two-fold purpose:

1. So that you, the reader can hold me accountable to my year long personal challenge.  If no one knows what I'm doing, I don't have to do it.  I need your help because I am not going to tell my husband, family and friends what I am doing for the purpose of candid reactions from them to my changes (which I will share).

2. So that if you feel the same way about your life, you can hopefully join in on this journey with me and share your thoughts, feelings and experiences so that we can help each other live to our fullest potential. 

With that said, I am starting the "21 Club" which you are more than welcome to join.  This club is for a group of  "30 something" women who want a life of excitement and youthfulness mixed with experience and balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment